Friday, December 28, 2018

travel day

I spent most of the day on a bus (or two), and we had a great view of Etna's plumes throughout. Don't anger the goddess.
Before I left Agrigento, Francesco sent me on a stroll up to the top of the hill.
 It was another gorgeous sunny day in Sicily.
 Even the coat of arms is cool.
We were in a double-decker bus, and the people on the left side had a great view.

Now I'm in Siracusa, staying at the cutest B&B ever. The owner is adorable, and the whole place is like an IKEA showroom, with heart. If my last B&B was historic, this one is modern fun.

Of course I'm staying in the vulcano room.

I walked over to Ortigya for dinner. You'll learn a lot more about its history tomorrow. It's an ancient town with modern luxury trappings. It was the first place I've seen lots of tourists.
 Ah, the glorious fontana de Diana.
 Why yes, that is a salami and meat truck. Open at 8 pm.

Back in the room I flipped on the TV and found yet another cooking related show. This one was a competition for plating.


No comments:

Post a Comment