Saturday, December 26, 2015

bird's eye

Here is the kind of day I had:
When I took the vehicle ferry to Rawene, the conductor only charged me one way even though I was going round-trip. 
He also charged a huge family a rate equivalent to half as many people. The dad asked where I was from and then said it was their first time in the area. 
The recommended gallery cafe across Hokianga Bay was closed so I drove into Kohukohu in search of my 3 pm flat white. The pretty outdoor cafe was closing up. The owner made me a coffee anyway. 
I'm staying in a treehouse. Did I mention that? It's surrounded by birds and trees and sunshine. 
I met Saskia sitting on a beanbag chair near the kitchen and ended up enjoying the views and catching up with her and her partner over dinner. 
The view from the top is breathtaking. 
Right? 
Right.