Wednesday, February 18, 2015

forecast?

One thing that's mystified my friends and me in Ecuador is how off the weather forecasts are. I'm not sure if they have only one webcam and thermometer and make the rest up, or what. If you're keeping track from home (Hi, Mom!) you might think it's been raining for two weeks. 
This is the current weather in Cuenca. Except it isn't raining and hasn't rained all week. 
Oddly enough, another page of Yahoo weather acknowledges that. Should I go to Parque al Cajas tomorrow to see the quinoa forest? Of course I should. 
Happily Dark Sky says I have nothing to worry about. 
And in case you're wondering, here's what Cuenca looked like today: gorgeous. 

PS on Thursday I found these tiny wind and solar collectors on a hillside in Cajas Park. Which might explain the ridiculous forecasts. 






No comments:

Post a Comment