Thursday, June 25, 2015

sun worshipper




Maybe you think you've been to the most beautiful places in the world. 


But Glacier will make you gasp as you round each bend in the Going-to-the-Sun road. 

The road, which was completed in 1932, rounds the glacier-carved valleys, providing views in every direction.


Walls of granite weep from waterfalls.

One couple took out their folding chairs and sat by the ledge. And it is quite a ledge, especially driving east when you're on the outside. 


I shuddered a few times and then stopped peering over the edge to the valley thousands of feet below. 

I drove up to Logan Pass at 6646 at the Continental Divide. 

This is the point at which water flowing west empties into the Pacific and water flowing east flows into the Atlantic. 

Once in Canada I went to a triple Continental Divide: north to the Arctic. I always did like geography. 
Snow! From a glacier. 

But this was my favorite picture of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment